Touches Your Soul
By riviera sunshine
In an era of digital music streaming, Kenny makes music you want to own. Great music is something you feel and Songs For The Saints delivers. Like every great artist, Kenny's best work comes from personal experience and this set of songs comes straight from his soul!
Love Kenny’s style of country!
Every single song on this album is good. Loved listening to it on the beach. Some songs are so relaxing (Ends of the Earth)it puts me to sleep! #noshoesnation
Things to Consider
1. The negative reviews on here are by and large people who don’t like contemporary country music as a whole, therefore, not worth reading for a critical review of the album.
2. This is not a mainstream commercial album. Kenny had these songs written to bring awareness and comfort to the ravaged communities in the Virgin Islands. He is donating all the album proceeds in support of the people that lost their homes there. Kenny lost his island home there as well.
3. Those things considered, I think it’s a really good album. While it’s isn’t my favorite Kenny Chesney album, I do think it’s a very good one. It’s very introspective, as shows a lot of reflection on Hurricane Irma and it’s destruction. Considering it’s not supposed to be a mainstream, radio friendly album, I found it very thought provoking.
Chesney has made the best island album since his Be As You Are album, and in I think it goes deeper emotionally, and challenges the listener more. It follows Kenny’s trend as of late of developing deeper, thought provoking albums, as Cosmic Hallelujah, Welcome to the Fishbowl, and Hemingway’s Whiskey have also done.
Standouts from the album to me are the following, though not necessarily in this order:
Love for Love City
We’re All Here
My conclusion is, if you like Kenny pick up the album. Even if you are a casual fan I would recommend it, if nothing else to support the Virgin Islands, but also because it displays a different side of Kenny besides the summer loving, nostalgic, and care free beach boy we’ve come accustomed to. It’s Authentic Kenny, pushing his artistic boundaries, capturing the chaos of the Hurricane’s aftermath, and bringing it to the forefront.
If you like this album, I recommend the following albums:
1. Lucky Old Sun
2. Be As You Are
3. Life On A Rock
4. Just Who I Am: Poets and Pirates
5. No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems
Summer is here
Put this album on and get ready to sail away
Same stuff all the time
By The Ramblin Man
I used to love Kenny but man his is so predictible now. Every album is the most important one ever he says in interviews and it's just more of the same. He's using the storm this time as his inspiration...we get it, you like the area. I may listen to two tracks more than once. The rest of the stuff is blah.
Blessings for the USVI
By Love for Love City
Thank you Kenny, for supporting a beautiful group of islands, and more importantly, the survivors of IrMaria.
This album is pretty great. Every song is enjoyable
By Hey this game is terrible
He just gets better as he continues his career love the album